If you would like to bring The End of Poverty? to a theatre in your town, here’s what you can do to help:
1. Call, email, and speak to the staff at your local art house theatre and let them know you are interested in seeing this film (print off a copy of the petition flyer and bring it with you!).
2. Write a letter to your local theatre manager (ask for their name or look it up online) asking them to book this film: make 20 copies of the letter and present the film to your faith-based community, book club, co-workers, mothers’ group or school club and ask your fellow members to sign the letter then mail them!
3. Craft an email using text from this website and a link to our trailer and email it to all your local list-servs and friends telling them about the film.
4. Print off the Petition Flyer, post it on a public message board at the library, in college dorms or at a grocery store. Once the petition is filled out, make a copy, send a copy to the theatre and then send a copy to us and we’ll send you a free DVD of one of the many social issue films that we distribute! (Cinema Libre Studio, 120 S. Victory Blvd, First Floor, Burbank, CA 91502, Ph: 818-588-3033)
Download the Petition Flyer
5. Reach out to any local organizations - churches, anti-poverty groups, student organizations – and ask them to share information about this film with their list-servs.
6. Call in to a local radio show that discusses the economy or poverty issues and introduce the film, sparking a discussion about the true reasons for poverty.
7. Start an online discussion in local forums such as the online ‘comment’ section of your local newspaper and other community websites.
8. Post the trailer on your Facebook or Twitter profile and let your friends know about the film.
9. Watch the trailer and then write a letter to your local paper when they next write about the economy, free-trade, the bailout, poverty, etc. that is meant to spark the dialogue about the true reasons for poverty.
10. Download a banner ad for your blog or website. Click Here
11. Tell your friends about the film by sending them an informative image.
Become a Volunteer and Mobilize your Community!
We need volunteers to help spread the word and mobilize others. If you would like to help, please join one of the following city specific volunteer groups in our social network.
To volunteer, contact Outreach@CinemaLibreStudio.com